Etymology:Syriac origin, "Sourto", meaning "the statue, the idol"
Sourat is a small village located in the Batroun region, offering a pastoral landscape of olive groves and valleys. In addition to its attractive setting, this village has a beautiful square with century-old oaks. It still bears traces of an old peasant way of life and a beautiful architecture reflected particularly in Mar Doumit church and the school of the village. Sourat is famous for its annual festival which harmoniously blends musical and architectural heritage in an authentic and serene setting.
- Mar Doumit church
- The houses with traditional architecture
- The houses with typical architecture of the 50s
- The forest of young oaks around the village
- Sourat classical music concert, an annual meeting which takes place under the century-old oaks of the village square
- Diwan al-Hassoun: In a friendly and animated atmosphere, this Lebanese family restaurant located in Chabtine offers a good selection of mezzes.
- Ixsir: Set on a hillside surrounded by vineyards in the village of Jran, this beautiful winery comprised an upscale restaurant that offers international and Lebanese buffet cuisine. Don’t miss the visit of the cellars.
- Tawlet Biomass: In the beautiful setting of Biomass domain in Jrebta, you will taste excellent local Lebanese dishes, buffet style, with organic products from the farm of Biomass, on a beautiful terrace surrounded by greenery.
- Tafla: Nestled in lush greenery with stunning sea views, this inviting guest house, located in Smar Jbeil, offers home-cooked food. Call to book and notify the hosts.
- Several fish and seafood restaurants in Old Batroun harbor, including Oysters and the hotel’s restaurant, L’auberge de la mer.