Etymology:Syriac origin, "Rishono", meaning "the principal, the chief"
Overlooking the city of Batroun, the village of Rachana stands out for its tranquility and its sculpture park on the hillside. Made famous by the Basbous brothers and their children, Rachana is in a way the rural capital of Lebanese contemporary art. Located at the end of the village, facing the sea, the art park has been enriched through time with stone and metal works. The modest-sized village is dotted with small stone houses and its wilderness, a rather rare sight so close to the coast, draws all year round hikers and nature lovers.
- Mar Maroun church
- El-Saydeh little chapel
- The subtle mix of peasant homes and architect constructions
- The green hills with the view overlooking the sea
- The fields of olive and almond trees
- The avocados, pines, vines and figs cultivation
- The permanent open-air exhibition of sculptures by the Basbous brothers
- The organization of “Rachana Land Art Festival” for works by academics
- The festivities in the village on the occasion of Mar Maroun’s feast
- The annual traditional Lebanese dinner made with local products
- The activities in the village stadium
- Diwan al-Hassoun: In a friendly and animated atmosphere, this Lebanese family restaurant located in Chabtine offers a good selection of mezzes.
- Ixsir: Set on a hillside surrounded by vineyards in the village of Jran, this beautiful winery comprised an upscale restaurant that offers international and Lebanese buffet cuisine. Don’t miss the visit of the cellars.
- Tawlet Biomass: In the beautiful setting of Biomass domain in Jrebta, you will taste excellent local Lebanese dishes, buffet style, with organic products from the farm of Biomass, on a beautiful terrace surrounded by greenery.
- Tafla: Nestled in lush greenery with stunning sea views, this inviting guest house, located in Smar Jbeil, offers home-cooked food. Call to book and notify the hosts.
- Several fish and seafood restaurants in Old Batroun harbor, including Oysters and the hotel’s restaurant, L’auberge de la mer.